Friday, July 13, 2012

Ooh...my days here at Tiger Cat Creations are sure busy. My hooman mommy works me very hard in posting advice and solutions for all the problems you kitties have (wow, you all sure have some issues). You can see them at:

www.crystalthecatpets.etsy.com
www.crystalthecatjewelry.etsy.com

It is still a work in progress since, after all, I am only one kitty and can only work so hard. But I have dedicated my life - other than sleeping 20 hours a day - to helping my fellow feline brethren.

Until we meet again, keep your fuzzy chins up and make sure to drop me a line, my miserable little friends.

Best regards,
Crystal the Cat
Advice Columnist

2 comments:

  1. Dear Crystal,
    My Human wont let me eat her human food, I wait until she leaves the kitchen and I jump on the ocunter for a bite but she shoos me away

    what should I do?

    signed
    Pouncer kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my dear Pouncer kitty, tsk tsk. Is this the reason your human named you Pouncer? I have my suspicions that this is the case. Nevertheless, there seems to be some misunderstanding here and we need to get to the root of the cause.

    I think it is just a matter of training your human in the proper way. Sometimes they can get unruly if left undisciplined. I call the technique used in this type of training "The Sure-Thing Head Lean." I learned this technique while studying for my KhD (Kitty has Diploma) in Human Behavior. In fact, I did my thesis on it.

    Here is how it goes. Continue to jump on the counter as you have done in the past. At first, just stick your head in a pan (preferably one with food) and wait for your human to react. Once she does, immediately reward her with The Sure-Thing Head Lean, which is a tilt of the head done with wide innocent eyes and a loving look. This will stop her in her tracks, making her forget what she was going to yell at you about.

    From this point on, be naughtier and naughtier (that is, as defined by your human - we kitties know this is normal behavior, not naughty). Try a lick of the morsel, then a munch, then multiple munches, until you gradually desensitize your human with the adorable head tilts you barrage her with. At the end, she will learn to accept your behavior - in order words, she will be trained.

    Problem solved!

    Please let me know if your training works. If it doesn't, I have some more drastic ideas to help keep Ms. S. in line.

    Meow for now,
    Crystal the Cat
    Advice Columnist

    ReplyDelete